Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Da Vinci Code


A few weeks ago, my girlfriend & I was walking around Pavilion when we saw the Times bookstore. We decided that it's better for us to use our free time to read some books rather than mingling around KL & so that's what we did till now. The 1st book that I finish reading is The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. This book cost Rm34.90 & I think it's quite reasonable. The story in this book is very absorbing & fascinating with it's exhilarating brain twisting thriller. It's about the assassination of the curator of Louvre, Jacques Sauniere, who died protecting a secret of the Priory of Sion ( A European secret society established in 1099 ). Before he died, he manage to make mind boggling codes which later were deciphered by Robert Langdon & Sophie Neveu. They went through a lot of bizarre riddles & are stunned to find that the works of Leonardo Da Vinci only leads to finding the greatest trophy, The Holy Grail ( literally XD). The best part about this book is the moment Mr. Langdon & Mrs. Neveu try to solve the riddles with their knowledge of cryptology & symbology.
The way Dan Brown relate Leonardo Da Vinci's artworks & symbols with anagramic & cryptologic solution seems to ruse my understanding about my own comprehension of christianity but yet fascinating. I'll give this book a 5 star of rating!

3 comments:

  1. how many stars will you rate the movie then? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the movie man. Haha like documentary which tell you about the Jesus. Lol

    ReplyDelete